The BEST roast potatoes!
Since mastering how to make the absolute best roast potatoes I absolutely adore making roasts! These roasties are crispy on the outside and gorgeously fluffy and buttery on the inside. Read on to find out how to make the absolute best roast potatoes and you’ll never turn back. I promise.
Vilvaldi baking potatoes (use as many as you need for as many people you’re feeding. I have a family of 3 and use 2-3 potatoes).
1 tbsp plain flour.
A pinch of salt.
A pinch of garlic pepper.
I get my vilvaldi potatoes from Sainsbury’s.
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into whatever size you like. I like to have a variation of sizes.
2. Fill a tray with olive oil until it’s about 1cm deep. Sprinkle the salt onto the tray and place it into the oven to heat up the oil (200 degrees fan).
3. Boil a saucepan of water and place the potatoes in. Par boil them for 10 minutes and then drain the water.
4. Using kitchen roll, dab off the excess moisture on the potatoes until they’re relatively dry. This will enable the oil to stick to them better.
5. Grab a sauce pan lid and place it over the sauce pan. Shake the potatoes vigorously to fluff them up.
6. Add the tablespoon of plain flour and shake them in the pan again to distribute the flour.
7. Add the garlic pepper and, again, shake the potatoes in the pan.
8. Take out the hot oil from the oven and carefully place the potatoes in it. Do this gently as it’s easy for the oil to splash back at you.
9. Using a spatula flip over the potatoes to ensure they’re fully coated in the oil.
10. Place the potatoes in the oven and cook for 30-35 minutes depending how crispy you like your potatoes. Make sure to turn the potatoes after 15 minutes so that all sides are equally cooked.
11. Take the potatoes out of the oven and serve on your plates. Use kitchen roll to dab off any excess oil.
I hope you guys love these roasties as much as I do. I assure you they are absolutely delicious and are now a staple in my family!