Chocolate chip cookie dough tart!
Updated: Oct 11, 2020
8 tbsp unsalted butter
35g light brown sugar
35g cocoa powder
125g plain flour
A pinch of salt
150g plain flour, heat treated
65g unsalted butter
65g light brown sugar
35g granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
4 tbsp double cream
100g milk chocolate chips
120g milk chocolate
65ml double cream
1. Mix together the butter, brown sugar, salt and vanilla in a bowl.
2. Add flour and mix until combined. 3. Press the dough evenly over the bottom and up the sides of an 11” flan dish.
4. Prick the bottom and sides of the crust with a fork.
5. Bake in the bottom of the oven, preheated to 160 degrees fan, until the crust feels firm to the touch. This takes about 15-20 minutes. 6. Once baked, leave aside to cool completely.
1. Turn the oven up to 180 degrees fan and sprinkle the flour for the cookie dough over a tray.
2. Place into the oven and heat treat it for 8 minutes. This kills any bacteria. 3. Beat butter, sugars, and salt on medium until light and fluffy.
4. Add vanilla and cream and mix until combined.
5. Add flour and mix until
6. Fold in the chocolate chips until well distributed throughout.
7. Pour the filling into the tart crust and spread it out evenly using the back of a spoon or your hands.
1. Place chopped chocolate in a bowl and set aside for later.
2. In a saucepan, bring cream to a boil over a medium heat. 3. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate.
4. Let the cream-chocolate mixture sit for a couple of minutes. Do not stir it.
5. After 2 minutes, stir slowly until the mixture is smooth and shiny.
6. Pour the ganache over the cookie dough filling, spreading it out evenly with the back of a spoon.
7. Place in the refrigerator and leave until set, about 30 minutes.
8. Serve and enjoy!